Sunday, December 4, 2011

Update...

Well, I've officially lived in Colorado for five months...where has the time gone? Although I have spent A LOT of time in CA considering I don't live here anymore! I've finished grad school with straight A's. I won't get my paper back until graduation...I'm rather curious about the notes in it :) Graduation is in about a month and I'm SUPER excited about it! Hmmmm let's see, I LOVE my job...I can't imagine anything better than teaching kids to read all day long. I have some rather funny stories that make life more interesting, but the kids are great and I've been able to implement my Readers' Theater project in a modified state so that's super exciting! Now that classes are done I plan on getting a few more features hammered out, it's also nice that the other literacy teachers and a few of the classroom teachers are branching out into Readers' Theater too! I've found a church I like and a hairdresser (which if you know me at all, you know that's a big scary one for me!) I'm starting to do things with people from work...looking forward to getting involved at church...loving being closer to Aimee and the family! I've survived the snow and I seem to be adjusting to the weather. I fell the day after the first snow on some ice and had the bruise to prove it! I have since purchased practical boots, a down coat for dismissal, and multiple pairs of gloves :) All in all, it's been a good few months and it's starting to feel like home. I'm back in CA for the holidays and it's been SO nice to relax and just hang out with people - no homework, no grading!! WOO HOO!!! I've read a few books, I think I've recovered from the reading overload of the last 2 terms of school :) That's about all for the update...sorry no pictures, I haven't been great about taking many lately.

No comments:

Background