Saturday, June 27, 2009

The end of Okinawa, Japan :(

Ahhh, it's taken forever to do this final Japan blog...oops! It's been kind of crazy to settle in and life is complicated when you have no place to live...but we're working on it! Anyway, the last couple days in Okinawa were busy and full of fun and laughter! Adrienne and I moved out of the wood box on Friday and in with Rocky and Gina which made life much simpler for getting to the airport in a non-stressed way :)

The wood box with the ugly curtains back up and everything closed up and dark :(
After we moved out we went to CocoK's for fancy pedicures...we'd been saving it all year because it's a bit pricey for our little budget but WELL worth the wait!!! Best leg and foot massage ever! It was a bit overwhelming because there's a billion chairs (ok 40) and it's really busy but it was nice to just sit after the flurry of cleaning and packing! We had to look through a 40+ page book to choose our design...it took me awhile!

I think I chose well though :)

Saturday was filled with exchanging money and last minute errands along with a stop for ice cream :) Sunday was our last day at Neighborhood and I kept myself together until Pastor called us up to pray for us...yep - I was sniffly as I said a little goodbye beforehand (don't hand me a mic!) but it's been an amazing year and we have been so blessed to get to know all these people! Afterwards we had a bunch of our favorite people over to Rocky and Gina's for yummy food and fellowship!

Grace and I...she's just too cute!

Michelle, her daughter Shay, Lisete, and Heather
Pastor Wes and Carol with Adrienne and I
Michelle and us...Tommy is training for deployment for the next 9 months
The Braund family - I think I cried most saying goodbye to them

Monday we got an AMAZING opportunity to fly the KC-135 simulator...WAY COOL! It was really fun and something that we'll never get to do again I'm sure :)

Me in the pilot seat!
Alex was our co-pilot - he ran the simulation for us

Gina and I got to push the freeze simulation button on the computer - they can do all kinds of different weather or mechanical failure - crazy!




Later Robert, Lisete, and Sage came over to say goodbye...they leave for England soon, we'd like to go visit!
checking our suitcases in at the airport, goodbye Okinawa...they later took our alien cards, which almost made us cry again!
Saying goodbye to Rocky and Gina - Gina kept reminding us all that we'll see them in Fresno :)
Our last Okinawa gate...ready to come home

2 comments:

AP Mommy said...

What an incredible year. I loved following your adventures and living vicariously through you. :) Thanks for sharing.

Lauren said...

I'm so glad you got to say goodbye in such a rich way...on to the next adventure!

Background