Saturday, June 7, 2008

The end of the year...

For people that know me, they know that the first day of school is like a national holiday...or at least it should be. I HATE the last day of school (except for last year...no comment there) it's always the end of something that I've loved and lived daily. Blood, sweat, and tears - ok more like, band-aids, kleenex, and lots of soap, but A LOT has gone into these kids and their families. And I love every second of it - some more then others...but every second. This class has been one of my favorites - I seem to adore all my even years of kids. First year was interesting, special because they were the first. Second year was fun - they were my hug a bunches and very sweet - I still have them coming by for hugs :). Third year was ok - a couple of VERY strange kids, but overall a decent year. 4th year was lovely, I loved that class. Fifth year made me question my ability as a teacher and made me cry most days, but I learned I could persevere. And now this year...I have 5 siblings of previous students (gotta love repeat customers!! and I do love those 5 families!) and the whole class is an absolute crack up, there are very few days that I haven't come home with some funny tidbit, I could write a book all about their little escapades. The latest one involves how old you need to be for a cootie shot because yes, boys and girls still have cooties - I told them there's a shot when they go to college. I love that they take me seriously and one even asked if his college brother had had one. Anyway, back from my bird walk. I'm dreading this last day of school in particular because it's more of a permanent good - bye and it puts me that much closer to a lot more good-byes. Sigh....

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Have I told you lately that you're my hero?

Background