Monday, November 24, 2008

Mini update

This weekend was fairly uneventful...talking on Skype on Saturday morning, an attempt at a Christmas bazaar...yea that was actually just smelly food and too many people :) oops! Then we went on base with Lori to get our Christmas fix - it was fun to just look around at all the decoration choices :) We got Cinnabun...BIG mistake on my part! My tummy is apparently rejecting over processed sugar now that it's been on a more natural diet for the last 4 months. I KNOW I should be happy about this, I don't need the sugar but sometimes it just smells SO GOOD and now I can't have it :( My tummy is forever changed by Japan! Sunday was Sunday School, Church, a failed attempt to see some of my kids do their hip hop dance (apparently the teacher decided last minute their class wasn't performing), grocery shopping, grading, I made Adrienne start packing for Tokyo (I'm a little excited) and reading. Monday was school as usual. Afterwards Adrienne napped while I read and made mac and cheese for dinner...off to an early Starbucks Day - we have Pastor Wes and Carol over for dinner tonight :) I did not see Gordy the Gecko (I named him finally), I hope he's ok! We discovered Christmas lights off base are around $50 a string - CRAZY!!! Tomorrow is our Thanksgiving Feast and then it's off to Tokyo - I'll have lots of pictures for all of you soon and I'll be sure to say Konichiwa to Mickey for all of you!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

I am sure Japan hasn't FOREVER changed your tummy. You will just have to go slower, but I say enjoy the fact that your tummy has changed so much, because it will eventually go back to normal!

Cheryl said...

Sounds like a low-key, nice weekend! I can't wait to hear about your Tokyo trip and see pictures. Hope this short week has gone well for you and you travel safely! Love you and miss you!

Background