Wednesday, September 17, 2008

random contemplation...

So I've been thinking about what my kids play during recess...not that we get much, but today was pouring most of the day so when it let up for 15 minutes we went outside to enjoy some running around time :) So they often play tag or a few other games I've taught them but they always seem to return to war games...how do I explain to them that it's not something they should be playing when so many of their parents are in the military and the kids that aren't military related are surrounded by it daily...strange to think how close it is here and how common it is for them. My other contemplation is about our infested couch. Adrienne usually sits on our couch and I take the granny glider and she ALWAYS has these awful bug bites while I do not...well I got a few after grading papers on the couch and then again tonight so we've decided it's DEFINITELY the couch...how do we get rid of whatever is biting us???? Adrienne took a picture of how we decided to solve the problem (we're funny!) She'll be posting it soon I'm sure...check it out, let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Uh, how to get rid of what's biting you? Get rid of the couch! I have a fond memory of ditching a couch in a back alley in SD, although you weren't there, so it wasn't as fun as it could have been! Hee hee.

Adrienne said...

Yes the picture will be up soon. Let me just say that we are two great problem solvers!! :)

Background